Annual “Joy to the World” Community Concert
‘Tis the season to sing! Come as you are and help us celebrate the season in song! The annual “Joy to the World” concert will feature the KCS Adult and Youth Choruses, Artistic Director Susan McCreary Duprey, Youth Chorus Director Wendy Buzby, Pianist Gloria Juan, the Kona Brass Quintet, and other talented instrumentalists from around the island.
This free event will take place on Friday, November 29, at 7:00 PM at Saint Michael’s Church in Kailua Kona (please note that this is a new venue for this concert).
Repertoire includes music from Argentina, Canada, France, Japan, America (to include early American Shaker tunes and a piece in Hebrew), South Africa, and Hawaiʻi. To top it off, the audience will get to join in and sing along to a few familiar Christmas carols. Bring the entire family and enjoy this free community holiday event! Donations are appreciated. For more information, contact us at KonaChoralSociety@gmail.com.
- The 100-voice Kona Choral Society
- Susan McCreary Duprey, Artistic Director
- KCS Youth Choruses
- Wendy Buzby, Youth Chorus Director
- Gloria Juan, Accompanist
- “Joy to the World” – Kona Choral Society’s annual free holiday concert for the community
- Friday, November 29, at 7:00 PM
- Saint Michael the Archangel Church, 75-5769 Ali‘i Drive (please note that this is a new venue for this concert)
- Kona Brass Quintet
- Talented instrumentalists from around the island
- This concert is free and no tickets are required (donations appreciated)
WHO WE ARE – The Kona Choral Society is that rare blend of accomplished musicians and enthusiastic novices who make choral treasures come to life! Led by our accomplished and inspirational director, Susan McCreary Duprey, we produce memorable performances of such masterworks as Beethoven’s “Ode to Joy” from his 9th Symphony, Ramírez’s Misa Criolla, Brahms’ Requiem, Handel’s Messiah, and Mozart’s Requiem. We also perform music from different genres; including African, Asian, Latin American, Polynesian, American Folk, Black Gospel, Spirituals, as well as traditional Hawaiian choral music. Started in 1990, we are now over 100 singers strong.