Handel’s Messiah plus For A Breath of Ecstasy by Michael John Trotta
What is Christmas without the singing of Handel’s Messiah? Kona Choral Society & Orchestra, under the direction of Artistic Director Susan McCreary Duprey, presents its annual performance of Part I of Handel’s Messiah on Sunday, December 8, at 4:00 PM, at the ‘Ohana Court at the University of the Nations (please note that this is a new venue for this concert). We welcome a 100-voice chorus, four talented local soloists, and a 21-person orchestra and organ. The first part of the program includes For a Breath of Ecstasy, a work by up-and-coming composer Michael John Trotta. This will be the Hawaiʻi premier of this work and includes chorus, string quartet, and oboe.
- 100-voice Kona Choral Society
- 21-person orchestra and organ
- Susan McCreary Duprey, Artistic Director & Conductor
- Michael John Trotta’s For a Breath of Ecstasy
- Annual performance of Part I of G.F. Handel’s Messiah
- Sunday, December 8, 2019, 4:00 pm
- ‘Ohana Court at the University of the Nations
75-5851 Kuakini Hwy, Kailua-Kona (behind Coconut Grove Marketplace)
Please note that this is a new venue for this concert
- $25 general, $10 students, $50 reserved seating
Tickets are available online by clicking the button above or Kona Stories Book Store
For more information, contact us at KonaChoralSociety@gmail.com.