We have two concerts in December 2023. The first, Joy to the World, is at St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church. The second, featuring Bach’s Christmas Oratorio (mvt. I) and Handel’s Messiah, is at the Outrigger Keauhou Bay Resort (the former Sheraton Keauhou).
St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church
75-5769 Aliʻi Dr, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
St. Michael’s hosts our Joy to the World concert on Friday, December 1, 2023 from 7:00pm to 8:15pm.
Where to Park
The parking lot at St. Michael holds approximately 115 cars and is free parking for the concert.
There are also three pay parking lots managed by Parklinq that offer 2 hours of free parking for those with Hawaii Driver’s Licenses (with registration), with additional time at $5 per hour. You should pre-register with Parklinq (see instruction below) to park in these three lots with 2 hours of free parking:
- The Farmer’s Market lot is off of Hualalai Road, just makai of Kona Library, next to and north of the church. There is a gate, which will be open, to get to the church.
- The lot behind Uncle Billy’s Hotel is across Hualalai Road from the Farmer’s Market Lot, with the entrance off Hualalai Road makai of the medical office and mauka of Uncle Billy’s Hotel (currently under renovation). The lot has recently been expanded. Walk across Hualalai Road and through the Farmer’s Market lot, or along Ali‘i Drive, to get to the church.
- There is also a pay lot behind Coconut Grove Marketplace, south of St. Michael. Please patronize a Coconut Grove Marketplace restaurant if you park there, and note that the merchants at Coconut Grove also validate for parking.
Registering with Parklinq in Advance
We recommend registering with Parklinq in advance, since this will save time as you will have to upload a photo of your Hawaii Driver’s License. Registration with Parklinq is only required once; the system remembers you once you register.
To register (requires a smartphone, i.e. iPhone or Android):
- To register in person, follow the instructions on the posted signs (see picture for an example of what the signs look like). Note that Hawaii Residents must follow the instructions at the bottom of the sign to get the free 2 hours of parking.
- To register in advance from home, text 302 to 42222. The system will assume you are parking at the Farmer’s Market Lot, and will ask you for information such as your name and phone number. You will be asked to upload a copy of your Hawaii Driver’s License or State Identification Card, front and back. You may find this process easier if you take a photo of your Driver’s License or State ID in advance. You will also be asked for the license plate number of the vehicle you will be parking. Once you have registered, the system will remember you.
- When you park in any of the three lots, follow the instructions on the posted placards that give instructions on signing into the parking lot. With advance registration, you may park in any car, as the system will ask if you are parking the same car you initially registered. Note that the instructions for Hawaii residents are at the bottom of the placards… the info at the top of the placard is for non-residents (see picture).
- The system will notify you when you have 15 minutes of free parking left.
These pay lots also accommodate those without a Hawaii Driver’s License with the fee at $15 per hour.
Please patronize downtown restaurants and merchants!
The Outrigger Keauhou Bay Resort (formerly the Sheraton Keauhou)
78-128 Ehukai St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Our concert featuring Handel’s Messiah is at the Outrigger on Sunday, December 17, 2023 from 4:00pm to 5:30pm.
The Outrigger has plenty of parking which will be free to the public for the concert. Arrive early for the best parking spaces!