Kona Choral Society YOUTH CHORUS
The Kona Choral Society has a fabulous program for youth, the Kona Choral Society Youth Chorus. Under the direction of Wendy Buzy, the program boasts four age-specific choruses that perform a wide variety of music from many genres and languages with a focus on building strong community and sense of self. The youth develop musical literacy while building leadership and communications skills, brain power, physical coordination and having a whole lot of fun!
About the KCS Youth Chorus:
Primary Chorus – K – 2nd grade – Saturdays 7:45am – 8:30am
Children’s Chorus – 3rd – 5th grade – Thursdays 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Youth Chorus – 6th – 9th grade – Thursdays 4:30pm – 6:00pm
Teen Outreach Ensemble – 9th – 12th grade – Saturdays 9:30am – 11:00am
- Rehearsals will be held at the Kealakehe Intermediate School Chorus Room (74-5062 Onipaa St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740)
Chorus Tuition (to be paid each semester, Aug-Dec & Jan-May):
- New Singers: $35 ($25 each additional sibling). Includes collared chorus shirt.
- Returning Singers: $25 ($15 each additional sibling).
- Need-based scholarships are available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a scholarship for these fees.
Youth Chorus Artistic Director: Wendy Buzby
Youth Chorus Accompanist:
Gloria Juan, has dedicated so many years to the youth chorus program, and continues to accompanying all four youth choruses. Miss Juan is the chorus, piano keyboard, and ‘Ukulele teacher at Kealakehe Intermediate School. As a skilled pianist, she currently accompanies the Kona Choral Society. She is also the director of music ministry for Kona Methodist Church. In addition Gloria is rehearsal and performance accompanist for the Aloha Performing Arts Center. She received her Bachelor of Education from the Univrsity of Hawaii at Manoa.
SPARK! Music Camps:
You can read about the success of our SPARK! Music Camps here:
- To pay season tuition online please click here. You may also pay in person.