The Youth Chorus 2017-2018 Season will start Thursday August 24th! Registration is now open!
This year we will offer 3 different Choral Groups:
Primary Chorus – K – 2nd grade
Saturdays 7:45am – 8:30am (starting August 26th)
Children’s Chorus – 3rd – 5th grade
Thursdays 3:30pm – 4:30pm (starting August 24th)
Youth Chorus – 6th – 12th grade
Thursdays 4:35pm – 5:35pm (starting August 24th)
- Rehearsals will be held at the Kealakehe Intermediate School Chorus Room (74-5062 Onipaa St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740)
- Semester 1 Chorus Tuition: $35 ($25 each additional sibling). Includes collared chorus shirt.
- Semester 2 Chorus Tuition: $25 for continuing singers ($15 each additional sibling). $35 for new singers ($25 each additional sibling) to include a collared chorus shirt.
- Need-based scholarships are available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a scholarship for these fees.
Register TODAY, space is limited!
Introducing our new Youth Chorus Artistic Director: Wendy Buzby
Youth Chorus Accompanist:
Gloria Juan, who has already dedicated so many years to the youth chorus program, will be accompanying all three youth choruses this year. Miss Juan is the chorus, piano keyboard, and ‘Ukulele teacher at Kealakehe Intermediate School. As a skilled pianist, she currently accompanies the Kona Choral Society. She is also the director of music ministry for Kona Methodist Church. In addition Gloria is rehearsal and performance accompanist for the Aloha Performing Arts Center. She received her Bachelor of Education from the Univrsity of Hawaii at Manoa.
Future SPARK! Music Camps:
Plans for future SPARK! Music Camps are also underway.
You can read about the success of our SPARK! Music Camps here:
- To pay season tuition online please click here. You may also pay in person.